Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stay Beautiful

Women are their own worst beauty critic. It's true, why do we pick at each little thing about our self that we don't like? Take a minute to watch this video, please. Absolutely incredible.
 
 
 
Good stuff, right? If you know me it's probably not too hard to imagine me crying right now. If that were me I probably would have talked about my less then flawless skin and Pinocchio nose. I probably would have thought about all the mornings I've looked in the mirror and felt sorry for what I saw. Women are their own worst beauty critic. But what if instead not looking in the mirror and seeing something we don't like we loved what we saw. What is we pushed all of the insecurities and negative thoughts out of our heads and saw our self as the world does? What if we saw our self for the beautiful daughters of God we are?
 
STOP degrading yourself, STOP judging yourself, STOP nit picking, STOP looking for flaws, STOP over working yourself, hurting yourself, and being something that you're not. You are perfect in the design God made you in. You are beautiful and you deserve to feel like you are.
 
Whether it's your hair, body, clothes, talents, whatever it is just STOP. Because you are only doing harm. Why spend another day at war with yourself. Be a little nicer, because the only person you should be trying to be better then- is the person you were yesterday. You are unique and were built to stand out that way, so be proud of who you are.
 
I promise to work harder and try more to accept myself. It's hard giving advice on a topic I need help on but we will do it together.
We are beautiful.
 
 
All my love, Lauren.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment