Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Perfectly Good Heart

Boy talk. I've had my fair share of crushes, breakups, makeups, fall outs, and misunderstandings but boys have never in my life been more difficult or confusing as they are right now. I turned 16 a month ago and being mormon thats kind of a big deal. Its a big deal no matter how old you are! You can date, drive, work, you become "double the age of accountability" and you get a whole knew level of responsibility. This should be the time of my life right?

I don't mean to complain, Im pretty happy in my life! I guess Im just saying that dating is hard! Ever since the mission age change for guys turned to 18 I feel like every guy I talk to wants a girlfriend of MG (missionary girlfriend) and one day I hope I get that opportunity, but I just want to date! I want to go out on lots of dates and get to know lots of different people. I want to explore different personalities and find out what I like. If I don't ever try it how will I ever know what I could have missed out on?

When I was younger and watched my older sister and friends go out on dates it seemed like everyone had a date every weekend! Mormons are famous for loving going on dates right? All the sudden I turned 16 and nobody seems to be an active dater anymore? I have even heard some of my guy friends complain about not going on any dates!? What did you expect? That girls would pick up that initiative? Sorry no, I would feel like Im taking your man card. I guess to sum up my rant, girl want to go on dates, boys want to go on date, girls don't want to ask, guys its your job to so start asking!

I know that is extremely bold of me to say, but definitely needed to be said.

All my love, Lauren.

1 comment: