Friday, April 12, 2013

The Last Time

When you're in the middle of a trial and searching for advice I really do think the advice you need is hiding within yourself. Right now Im heartbroken. I feel invisible to one of the most important people in my life and it sucks. It sucks to feel neglected. It sucks to feel forgotten and when you talk they rather be with anyone else. It sucks to know that you used to be their top priority but somewhere along the line you messed up and lost your status. It hurts and makes me feel totally worthless that I care so much about a person that shrugs me off.

My friend texted me about a problem shes having with another friend. It was something silly, one forgot to do something the other had asked them to do so I offered this advice... "You can't go back and change the past so why dwell on it? Lets just figure out a solution." And in the middle of my fortune cookie moment it came over me.

Its true. You can't change the past. Sometimes I think if I play my best playlist of good ol' heartbreak songs and take long bubble baths he will send me a text or ask to hang out but things don't workout that way. Sometimes and for some people they do, but you can't rely on that thread of hope because its very unlikely. If something is meant to be, it will be God's will to put you two together. So instead of sitting around and making myself miserable I will forgive him and accept the friendship between us. "Let's figure out a solution" crying wont help anything.

There's a quote that says it perfectly.
"If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present."

-Lao Tzu

Its ok to be upset and miss good times but don't let it consume you. There are better things to come, I promise.

All my love, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment