Sunday, August 18, 2013

He Hears My Prayers

Heavenly Father hears my prayers, and He answers me.
Gosh I have no idea how this is all going to come out!
So I will just be blunt and get on with it.
 
Elder Joseph Rosequist.
Not a day goes by I don't miss him, but today I reeeeaaalllllyyyy missed him
The past couple days I participated in an eagle project and a private school in town and it was great, but the whole weekend my heart ached and missed him.
We have so many memories there.
We did an eagle project there last year, and he used to go to that school so there's pictures of him on like every wall..... Or it just seemed like there was.
Anyways, the past couple days I've just missed him.
I've wished he was here.
I'm so proud of him serving a mission, but who wants to say goodbye to a great friend for 2 years?
So last night I prayed.
I prayed I could feel close to him and receive comfort.
I prayed that I could have peace and more than anything just a connection with him.
So I went to church like normal and it was a great day.
I came home and napped and then made dinner for the missionaries coming over.
Our Elders just transferred and we got Sister missionaries!
It was our first Sunday with them(and my first time ever meeting them)
And for some CRAZY reason, I felt prompted to ask if one of the sisters had ever met Elder Rosequist. (She just got out of the MTC)
AND SURE ENOUGH....
 
Yes! She had met Joseph!
AHHHHHHHHHHH
They sat next to eachother at orientation and had met again in the mail room!
And of course she told me allllll about how great and impressed by him she was.
I told y'all he would be the best missionary.
And we talked about him, and it was just what I needed.
It was just what God knew I needed.
I know for a fact that this was an answer to my prayers!
It was just so cool.
 
And that's not the only answer I have got to prayers lately.
It's everything.
It's in every breathe.
In every step I can see The Lord's hand in my life.
There's a short poem here that I love.
It totally describes my life lately.
I am what He gives me, and I am so grateful that He has been so generous.
 
All my love, Lauren.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment