Monday, August 12, 2013

Goodbye Arizona

This past weekend I got to spend in Arizona with the best family anyone could ever ask for.
Grandma and Grandpa, all the cousins, Aunts and Uncles.
It was such a great mini family reunion.
I flew back home yesterday and ever since my heart has ached.
I know I'm only a state a way and an hour flight, but they feel so far.
And I'm a bit jealous all my cousins get to grow up together, date together, go to school with one another and be best friends.
I'm feeling a little like the forgotten relative over here, but oh well.
I wouldn't trade all my friends and cool people I've met here in dusty ol' Nevada for anything.
But I do want to share with you all some picture of my wonderful time in Arizona.
It really was wonderful.
 
This is my sister Lindsey and I on that super rickety and scary plane. It was making all sorts of really freaky noises.
 
This is what I come home to in Arizona. Miles and miles of strait up farm land, cows, and tractors.
 
This is me holding a 1700nFrench style musket complete with bayonet. This was soooooo cool.
 
That's my really great sun burn I got after only being in Arizona a day.
It was totally worth it though because I floated the river with my cousins and we all got crispy burnt together.
 
Here are all the older cousins playing BS together. I think I have FINALLY discovered how you win.
I can thank my cousin Trevor for the helpful tip.
He's the cute toe head blonde sitting closest to the camera on the right hand side.
 
This is the sunset on the last day. So pretty.

And this has nothing to do with my trip to Arizona, but just a picture of Lindsey and I doing a late night shave ice run. Oh and my dog Roxy. See if you can spot her!
 
 
So I'm really really bummed we spent the whole weekend having so much fun that we forgot to take a big group family picture. Grrrrr, I'm going to be kicking myself for that one forever!
Not to mention the really bad quality of the pictures in this post.
Curse my shaking hand!
Oh well, nothing to do about it now!
But all in all my weekend get away was just what I needed.
I miss my family.
I love my family.
And with that being said I will return again soon.
 
All my love, Lauren.


No comments:

Post a Comment