Monday, August 5, 2013

Goodbye July!

I'm not going to lie, July sucked. And I am absolutely thrilled it's over.
Even though I look back now and the whole month felt like 5 minutes.
It's August now, and I put my big girl pants on, did my hair and makeup, then turned on some good country music to get ready to and I'm not going to lie it feels good to feel sassy.
July I decided to take a break from blogging for the fear that I would rant and say something unfiltered. BUT I'M BACK! I'm sure you were all dying to hear from me.
 
 
So what's new lately?
I've been feeling extra crafty sewing all kinds of stuff.
So far I have made pocket warmers for my friends serving missions and for the cold winter months, a turban wrap headband, and an infinity scarf.
Woohoo! Not to mention working on that big "Open when" Letter project!
 
 
School starts in under a month. Is this real life?
Am I really going to finally be an upper classman?
Last year I didn't go to a single sports event, so I'm changing that this year.
Count on seeing me in the stands for just about every sport because I really missed that this past year. I have already been in high school 2 years and hardly have had any high school experiences.
Probably because I have had the "I just cant get out of here sooner" attitude, but I', changing that this year. I want to be happy more.
I want to enjoy school, I want to make friends, make memories, and have fun.
 
 
The job hunt is on.
I really really want and need a job, yet again... I don't want a job.
Ughh. I've applied a couple places but so far nothing. Really crossing my fingers for Einstein Bagels.
 
 
When is it going to start cooling off?
I can't take this summer heat much longer.
 
 
I've spent the past two years on my life in jeans and t-shirts.
If somebody asked me what my style is I would say comfortable. Haha is that a style?
But, going back to what I said about making this school year different.... I actually want to get dressed for this year. And if I get a job..... I may actually have money to buy nice things haha.
Really praying for that job.
So I have been on Pinterest trying to discover my "style"
and I have discovered that I like preppy and simplistic clothing.
I'm not a flashy neon color, high low skirt, maxi dress wearing girl.
I like polos, and sweaters over button ups, and sperrys.
If you can't tell I'm starting to get really excited about discovering my fashion identity.
 
 
 
So I think I have covered all the bases.
This blog post was all about trying to play catch up so sorry if I bored you to death, but I promise I have a month of really really good blog ideas coming your way soon.
So stay tuned!
 
 
 
All my love, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment